Thursday, September 10, 2009

Unschooling at my house!!!

Ok, I have been an unschooler for years and I really believe that children are interested in many things and will learn all the things that they need to know, to become successful adults. Part of that belief is that when your children ask to learn something you help them find the resources and teach them to follow through. My eldest son really wants to go to college some day and he wants to be prepared. He wants to be able to pass the exams to get in to college and be able to pass the classes when he gets there. In other words he needs to learn how to study!!!! So this year our unschooling house looks a lot like school at home.




Sandrey, my middle son, wants to learn to read, so we are working on that and I threw in a little math for him because he likes it. Elliott, the youngest just wants to do what his BIG brothers are doing, so he has some math and dot to dots. This in new for me, we will see how long it lasts. Don't get me wrong we are always actively learning! It just doesn't usually look like school at home!








Oh and here are the two finished gifts from yesterday!!!!





Happy Knitting, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...