Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Stop Light Challenge!!!

So I was driving around with my friend Shelby yesterday. I routinely knit at stop lights and she found this Baffling, Funny, Crazy, I am not really sure. We got to talking about time. I told her that even if I only got in a couple sts at a stop light it was helping build a sock. I got in 16 at that particular stop light! Then she threw out the Challenge! So here it is, I have to knit a sock, only at stop lights!!! The idea is to see how long it will take me to finish them. I will cast on 60 sts on 2.5 mm needles and knit 20 rows of 2x2 rib. I will then continue in stst for 70-80 rows, add heal flap and heal and knit another 70 rows for the bottom of foot then knit the toe! How long will it take!!! I don't know. I will start today May 6th!

Shelby gave me this beautiful skein Of Frog Creek Fibers Quaggy to knit for the challenge!







The Rules
I can cast on and knit the first row at home.
I can also kitchner the toe at home!
I can only knit while stopped at a light or when the car is running. I never leave the car running for more then 2 minutes while waiting. If the car is off the knitting is off!
I am not allowed to knit on them while my husband, or anyone else is driving.


Your Part!!! The Contest
I challenge you all to guess how many days it will take me to knit this sock. Just like The Price Is Right!!! The winner will be the person who is closest to the number of days without going over.

The winner will receive a set of Heartstone Ceramics Trish Buttons AND a skein of
Frog Creek Fiber Flocculent! Good luck!!!

This is the skein you will win. Shelby is making the buttons this week so I will post a picture soon.






Happy Knitting, Trish



11 comments:

  1. *giggles* I say 42 days. good thing you have such pretty sock yarn!


    -Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare I changed the challenge to one sock! So change your guess accordingly! Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say 30 days because I can picture you driving around downtown Portland over and over so you can stop at all the stop lights.

    It's not fair for people to notify you of all the long lights in town! You must find them on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By mathematical figuring, my guess is the sock will be finished July 6, 2009, based on finishing one sock, not the pair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking about sixteen days. I know it isn't much, but if you drive somewhere once with Bill, that sock will be half done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm..... considering my driving around and all the stop lights I stop at, I will say 21 days. I don't think someone said that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it will take you 28 days. Good luck and don't get caught!

    Love,
    Sallie DiMuzio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll guess 45 days. This is an interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My vote is 25 days. Thanks for helping me today with my hat!

    ReplyDelete

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...