Monday, May 25, 2009

Happenings

Oh my gosh, it has been a busy week! I should just warn you all that during the summer months I get busy. We turn the TV and computer off for the most part and we spend a lot of time outside. Yesterday I hiked 3.5miles with my sis, who by the way likes her socks. I dyed another skein of yarn and went to work for 4 hours, rushed home and ate something. I scooped up the kids and drove an hour and a half to the drive in with friends! We saw Terminator and Star Trek. I am sorry to say that I fell asleep during the first 10 minutes of Star Trek and missed the entire movie. We didn't get home until 3:30am! Yikes. We all really love the drive in though and try to go a couple of times each summer. The movie was to scary for my little one so he fell asleep in my lap promptly. My middle son was also scared and didn't watch most of the movie. I have no idea why they showed the scarier of the two films first. Most of the time they show a children's movie first and then and adult movie later. We always make a big bed in the back of our van and the kids sleep through the second movie. Obviously so do I!

This is Spring and Elliott waiting for the movie to start. They were just so cute we had to get a picture.




Today I am dyeing another skein of yarn, I am trying to get a dark brown with tea. I can't wait to see what happens. Cooking yarn is really fun, who new! I am also hoping to get my boys out of bed by noon and out doors. I see yard work in the near future. I think we may go to a memorial service this afternoon also. I better get them up and moving soon.

Oh, and look at my blanket isn't it pretty? I love this project. I think that I may need to start a Malabrigo knitters support group. For the truly addicted!!!
Basket Of Love!



This is what it looks like when I am deciding on colors!





Happy Knitting, Trish

3 comments:

  1. On a rainy day -- that blanket will be very cheery and perfect to cover up with a cup of tea and a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to see all the squares laid out like that. Am I the only one seeing a lot of red in there? (I can't believe you're doing 36 squares total)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Trish. I've kept the link to this post for a long time and have started making some squares of my own. My question: Do you have pictures on your blog of the finished blanket? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...