Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rain, Socks, Knitting

It is raining! Ha what's new. It rained most of yesterday. Therefor I got lots of knitting done. My first pink sock is almost done! I am knitting these on 0's (2 mm), so they are taking a little longer then normal.
The Crazy Zauberball was calling though and I had to at least cast one! The thing about the Crazy Zauberball is, it really is crazy. My sock is HUGE! I cast on my 64 sts on my 2.5 mm needles and started the rib, it is way to big. I think that I will have to go down to a 2.25 mm and cast on 60 sts. Then I will cross my fingers and hope that it is small enough. The yarn is not very thick so I am completely baffled by this! Such is life.
I know it doesn't look big in the picture! But trust me it is BIG. My husband could get this all the way up his calve!




Happy Knitting, Trish

4 comments:

  1. I'm amazed how fast you knit. I see you do your plain socks in stockinette. I prefer that to ribbing. Do you have problems with it being too tight to get over your heel? Does it stay up well? How long do you make your cuffs?

    I also see you're using DPNs. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do that again. However, never say never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I really do like that Pink! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I knit 20 rows of k2p2 rib then I witch to stst for about 7 inches. They stay up pretty well. If you really want them to stay up it is best to rib the entire cuff. I like knitting stst because it is really mindless.

    I am on dpn's because that is all I had in 0's. I think that I am a magic loop convert!!! I want to try the addi dpn's before I decide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers...that IS big. Hope the 60 works for you and you don't have to do it all over again.

    It sure is pretty. I love the pink sock too. That color sure would make you happy on a rainy day.

    Do you think we could "borrow" some of your rain ... 3 months --- no appreciable rain here. My yard is crunchy.

    ReplyDelete

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...