Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rogue Hikers!!!

My friend Tara and I went hiking this morning. Boy do we not like to follow the rules. It was raining and we left my house at 6:30am. We arrived at the trail head at about 7:15am and soon realized that the trail along the creek that we chose for today's hike was closed! Now usually when a trail is closed there my be a couple downed trees and that is it. Well we decided to cross the barrier and continue our hike. I have to say that this is the first time we have ever crossed a barrier and agreed that the trail really should have been closed. Tara and I are both seasoned hikers and are in pretty good physical shape. That said, I would not recommend that you cross barriers and hike when it is posted that the trail is closed. Well we probably scrambled over at least 50-75 fallen trees. Then we had to contend with the 2 or 3 places the trail was washed out by the creek and that doesn't include the 4 or more land slides that we traversed!!! To say the least it was a very interesting hike in the rain and mud. I even fell on my ass during the last mile. It was really fun. I love a good adventure, 8 miles in the rain and mud what a great way to start the weekend!!! I took a picture of when the trail truly disappeared and another of a cool find that I brought hope for the kids. Now I can rest and knit the afternoon away. Oh maybe I can't, I have something special I am doing this afternoon that I will blog about tomorrow!!!





I think that this is the skull of a middle aged Raccoon! I thought that my kids would like it!




Happy Knitting, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...