Sunday, June 7, 2009

On my Needles

I am knitting up a pair of socks out of some of the first batch of yarn we dyed! I used Turmeric and Cochineal for this skein. I would not sell yarn that has been dyed with Turmeric because it really does fade . I should say that the yellow just mellows a bit. I new it would mellow before I dyed it though so I can't complain. I have decided to work with plants that don't mellow as much though because I like to know what I am getting right away. I am always so impatient!!! Anyway this color is fun and I can't wait to see what it mellows into. By the way all the yarn that I list on Etsy has dried in the sun and the colors stayed true. All plant dyed yarns mellow a little but I want to only sell skeins that will mellow the least. What do you all think?



Notice that the outside of the skein is much lighter then the sock I am knitting. I am pretty sure that the sock is going to end up the color of the skein on the surface. The light just mellows the turmeric, quite a bit. This skein would not be saleable so it is mine and lots of fun for me. I think I will hang them on the line when they are finished so that the sun can finish its magic!






Happy Knitting, Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...