Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Last Skein!

So here is the last skein that I dyed the other day! I am really excited about this color. I have really been wanting to get a green and I did! I would have thought that the black-eyed susans would have dyed yellow or orange but no, I got green. I think that yellow and orange are the next colors that I want to go for. I see onion skins in my future. Ha, I see onion skins almost every day I just need to remember to save them! I will have to dye again next week, this is just to much fun!


Helen also made another bag it is reversible and really cute!




Today the boys and I are going berry picking. The weather is cool and overcast just the right kind of day to pick berries! I will tell you all about our adventure tomorrow! I wonder if berries make good dye???

Happy knitting, Trish

2 comments:

  1. How do you set the color in yarn you dye with natural ingredients. Are the colors permanent?
    You're getting some beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The alum sets the color. I am only using plants that are color fast. That being said all dyes fade slightly over time.

    ReplyDelete

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...