Monday, July 27, 2009

The start to a very good day!

I hope that this is a good start to a very good day! I woke up at 5:50am to walk and run 5.5 miles with my best friend Tara! We ran about 2 miles because I wimped out. It is hot here in the Pacific Northwest. It is supposed to be over 100 today! After my run/walk I came home did dishes made some blackberry banana muffins and then got potatoes and onions in the crock pot! We are going to have potato Broccoli soup for dinner and I don't want to heat the house up to make it, so in the crock pot it goes. I just took some pictures of my garden and of my yarn purchase from yesterday. So what does a knitter knit on a very hot day? Socks of course! I am going to knit a pair of socks out of Dream In Color Classy today. Hopefully they will be house socks for me this winter! Thinking of cooler days on a really hot ones help, right?

My muffins

My Yarn

My flowers






My garden, That I didn't get in until the first of week of July due to moving! Hopefully I will get something out of it this year.

My two new 9 square quilt blocks!


See this is a great start to the day!

Hope you have some adventures today, Trish

2 comments:

  1. Knitting socks is about all I'm getting done besides dreaming of cooler days. I think it helps me to picture my feet on a cold day in warm socks. I'm counting the days until fall arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay cool Linda! It is going to get hotter yet this week!

    ReplyDelete

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...