Monday, April 13, 2009

Quick Baby Gift!

My dear husband informed me on Friday that there is a baby due to a co-worker in 4 weeks. I knit a blanket for their first child, so I thought a blanket was in order for the second. I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky. This little blanket is 26" x 26". It was really quick to knit and lots of fun. Now I am just trying to decide if it is unisex enough. What do you think? I was considering crocheting some little pink flowers and attaching them if the baby turns out to be a girl. If I do that I will have to wait to gift the blanket until after the baby is born. What would you all do?
Happy Knitting, Trish

3 comments:

  1. white is always a good color to stick with. How do you make that swirl in the middle?

    Actually, now that I think of it. something a little more colorful wouldn't hurt. if you want to be unisex, try crocheting/knitting some leaves to make in a lovely pattern either in or around it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will post the pattern next month as free. It is lots of fun to knit. I just have to write it up. I also think it can use some color so I think that I will wait to see what the baby is and then embellish it a little. Thanks for the input it really helps. Trish

    ReplyDelete

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...