Thursday, April 23, 2009

To magic loop or not to magic loop

Ok, so I have been knitting socks for years and I have always used double points. A year or so ago I was happily knitting a sock at about 1am and one of my DPNs broke. I was already down to four because I had lost one, so I had a choice stop knitting and wait until I could make it into the shop or try magic loop! I opted to try magic loop. I finished the sock and thought magic loop wasn't so bad but I still liked my DPNs more. Well this week I wanted to start another pair of socks and all my DPNs in size 2.5mm were in use and so was my one long circular. I had a choice to make! What should I buy DPNs or long Circulars????? I hemmed and hawed and guess what I went for? The circulars. I can't loose one they are attached to each other and guess what Addi Turbos don't really like to break while knitting. This was quite possibly life changing for me.

If you notice in the picture of my four sock yesterday you will see that I have two pair on circulars and two pair on DPNs. My world is changing.

Happy Knitting Trish

5 comments:

  1. I am a total convert to Magic Loop. I can't imagine knitting socks, or many other things, without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never given it a try (yet) .... I would think pulling the cable back and forth would get tedious.

    But, you are right ... not as easy to lose as dpns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee, I felt the same way and I am changing my tune! Give them at try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am learning Magic Loop right now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comfy Cabled Throw MKAL!

I am so excited to be hosting another MKAL ! Here are all the details! Hi Everyone, Let’s party some more! 2020 has not been a normal yea...